Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Goodbye Summer, Hello Change

A very relaxing and much needed trip to Justin's family cabin marked the end of summer. The weekend was full of swimming, fishing, bonfires, lots of gooey marshmallows, and just plain relaxation with all three of my boys. Yes, Polk even got to come.

The cabin itself was just the quaintest little place nestled on a lake (love the retro kithchen floor).

Much thanks to Justin's family for sharing their getaway, enabling us to enjoy the last weekend of summer in such a wonderful place.

Endings mean new beginnings and with the end of our weekend came two tired boys...

and Connor's first day of Kindergarten!



I think the backpack is the same size as my little guy. This day is bittersweet for me. Connor is so excited to start school (and very ready), but I can't help wonder what happened to that little baby. Oh, I must be strong and let him grow up. Congratulations Connor! I know you have been looking forward to this day for a long time. What big changes for us all.

4 comments:

J&J said...

CONNOR!!!
Congratulations. I bet you are having a fun day getting to know Mrs. Rose and meeting new people. How was lunch?
Papa J.

J&J said...

Hi Connor! Your first day of school is finally here - I'm so happy for you!! You grew up before my very eyes. I drove by your school today and saw kids playing outside - I bet one of them was YOU!! Have fun!
Love you, honey
Nana Jeani

Anonymous said...

Kim, Justin & Connor,

How nice to be able to share and see what all of you are doing. It sounds like a wonderful, relaxing week-end that you had. How fun!
Connor, we loved seeing a picture of your first day of school. You have grown up so much. Nana Jeani told me you have the nicest teacher. Have fun and enjoy all your new friends.

Love,
Aunt Judy and Uncle Jim

Anonymous said...

Hi Connor,
Your big day finally came and I know that you are having a good time at school. You grew up to be a big boy so fast!I'll just bet that Polk misses you when you are gone. I am anxious to hear all about your teacher and all the kids.
Love you SO much,
Great granny T