Tuesday, February 9, 2010

(4) A Plaid Hat

I never would have expected myself to fall for pink and purple plaid. But, this little remnant really caught my eye one day and being that it was on sale I bought it, not knowing what I would ever make out of it. After stumbling upon this pattern I knew.



The pink and purple plaid hat was made using the White Melton Hat pattern from the book Carefree Clothes for Girls by Junko Okawa. Lots of cute stuff in that book, although the sizing starts at size 4 so we have a couple years before the clothing will fit our girl. I lined the hat with really thick (and really soft) fleece so I think that is why it turned out small enough to fit her now. The strap is much too long but I left it that way in hopes that I can add another buttonhole for future use.

The other day Connor asked me if I could make a hat for his cheetah. I asked if he wanted one like this one? No, more like his Vikings hat he said...hmmm, knitting for a cheetah. Not sure if I am up for that task!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Kim, This hat is so cute. I love the fabric. Karen S.